Poem - Within These Walls




rainbow walls Italy Architecture
Within these walls lies a gem
An amazing piece of work
Not by my hands alone
But by many hands was it created

Within these walls lies a flower
Water it and watch it grow
Smell it and be glad
Pick it and share with another

Within these walls lies a woman
Caring, honest, loving
A mother, a daughter, a sister, a wife
A treasure to be discovered.
A treasure to be shared.

Within these walls lies a gift
So beautifully wrapped
From me to you it is given
A gift carefully chosen

Within these walls lies a mystery
Do you seek it? Do you solve it?
Do you want to get to know it?

Within these walls lies a secret
Carried in a box, deep within my heart
Horrible secret, dark, disgusting
Shall I tell you? Will you want to know?

Within these walls lies an answer
To who I was, who I am, who I want to become
A gem, a flower, a woman, a gift
Beauty I see lying within these walls.


A Poem By
©IAMicried
February 4, 2013

Comments

Popular Posts