Same-Sex Marriage VS. Sexual Abuse and Rights of Victims

It’s all over the news, tv, radio, and social media. Can’t get away from it. So I felt it was time for me to voice my opinion on the subject. Same-Sex Marriage. If my opinion offends you, then don’t read it. It’s my opinion and by the grace of God, I’m still a free person with a mind and spirit of my choosing. 

There comes a time in everyone’s life when you must take a stand.  Equality for some or Equality for all.  Here’s my take on the subject. 


·         Don’t need any government getting involved in my religious beliefs. I don’t need a government telling me what MY GOD has already ordained. People of same-sex have been living together, making a happy life together. Fine. That is their choice.  Don’t our courts have more important things to do with their time? First we write laws to protect our citizens, and then we re-write them every time a citizen gets a little bent out of shape and feels they are not getting their fair share in life.
·         Don’t need to see it on TV, hear about it on radio, read about it on social media. Is there nothing else going on? Are there not other more important issues that need our attention? Think about it, people. Seriously?
·         Where and when does all this insanity end. People fighting over this issue. Friendships lost by people drawing lines in the sand. Families torn apart. Children caught in the middle trying to make heads or tails on the whole situation. Honestly, is this the kind of world we want to raise our children in?
I have been married to my “husband” for almost 15 years.  Marriage for me is between one MAN and one WOMAN.  That is my religious belief.  That is how I was raised.  I understand there are gays, lesbians, trans-genders, bi-sexuals, and everyone else not listed.  So, have your happy lives.  Good for you.  Do what you have to do to be happy. But for me, I don’t need all the drama.  I don’t want to hear how you don’t feel you are not getting equal anything.  People are suffering all over the world and you are so concerned with a piece of paper & recognition in society; not to mention all the financial perks.  So be it!  I get it!  I just don’t need it IN MY FACE every blessed day. 



Children are being abused every day.  Children are being used against their will sexually in homes, behind closed doors, and AGAINST THE LAW.  Oh no, we can’t get all fired up about that?!  Fighting for our children and THEIR RIGHTS would make people uncomfortable.  Ok .. Women are being abused every day, used against their will sexually, and AGAINST THE LAW.  Men are being abused every day, used against their will sexually, and AGAINST THE LAW.  The ugliness of incest, rape, human trafficking, sexual-verbal-emotional-physical ABUSE is happening every day.  Where is the push in our society to fix this problem?  I am outraged by what is going on at our Supreme Court and in other courts in this country.  Equal rights for marriage?  How about equal rights for all VICTIMS and ADULT SURVIVORS?!  When do WE get our day in court!?

Open your eyes, as well as open your mouths.  Incest is a silent destroyer of everything good and beautiful in life.  Our children.

Comments

Popular Posts