Fathers Day 2013


Happy Father’s Day!

I will not be celebrating My Father today.  It pains me to hear & see all the Fathers day wishes. Because of my father, my childhood was an unhappy ugly time in my life. A child of incest. I’ve loved/hated him. I’ve praised/cursed him.  He is not/was not the father a little girl growing up deserves. Yes, because of him, I was born. But that is all!!!
Do I care if he is Happy today? NO
Do I care if he thinks of me today? NO
Happy Father's Day
He has taken from me something I can never get back.


So .. Today .. Father’s Day 2013 ..

I celebrate the important men in my life and those good & decent men in my son & daughter’s life.

My uncle -- Who was there for me on my wedding day when my parents chose NOT to be.  My uncle walked me down the aisle, held my hand and kissed me. I remember the fun times as a child visiting him and my cousins. He is so full of life & joy.

My 1st husband -- The father of my son & daughter. What attracted me to him was his ability to make me feel special.  I meant something to him. As a young 19 yr old, that was exciting. We were both young; maybe too young for what was ahead of us .. Marriage, children, struggles with my depression & trauma of incest. Too much for a young couple to deal with. But he was and is an important man in our lives.

My 2nd husband -- When we met, I was a single mother of two young children. I was struggling with depression, divorce, anxiety/panic attacks. I was a mess!! But out of the darkness I met a man, who, when no one else could help & understand me, took my hand, told me everything would be okay, held me when the flashbacks/panic attacks occurred and after 15 years remains with me. He is my rock! I would not be where I am today without his strength and love and support. 

My son -- The father of my 2 handsome grandsons. I must have done something right by him; Because when I see him, his wife, & children together .. This is how a family should be. He loves his wife tenderly with his whole heart, he cherishes his children and time spent with them.  My son is my pride & joy .. A good man I’ve helped by the Grace of God to create. Out of the ashes of CSA & Incest, My son gives me new direction and meaning to my life. 

So, today, this Father’s Day, if you are struggling to celebrate the life of your father, I challenge you to find a male figure in your life that represents all that is important and good in your life. Remember them. Tell them they are important to you and why. Celebrate their life & the meaning they have brought to your life.

Happy Father’s Day!
God bless!


Open your eyes, as well as open your mouths.  Incest is a silent destroyer of everything good and beautiful in life.  Our children.

Comments

Popular Posts