No Adjustments Needed


Last night when my husband picked up a prescription for me that I regularly get each month, he actually had to pay for it. Surprise! The amount that insurance had paid changed from the month before.  We had met our deductible earlier this year so our prescriptions previously had been paid at 100%.  Who doesn’t love that?!  Time to make a phone call.
no adjustment needed
This morning I called my health insurance company member services department.  It was 9:14am, and I got a chuckle when the gal answering said, “Good Afternoon.”  I answered, “Good MORNING. My name is .. “.  Almost immediately Julie at Anthem BlueCross BlueShield laughed and apologized for not realizing what time of day it was.  I disappointed her by also bringing up the fact that it wasn’t Friday yet either.  We both had a good laugh.  Soon I brought up the reason for my call.

After 30 minutes, I fully understood what happened.  Two hospital claims had been re-billed and claim adjustments were done.  These bills were from “date-of-service” in January & February 2015.  What the .. ?! This got me thinking.

What if we could RE-BILL or do a CLAIM ADJUSTMENT on our childhood?  A kind of “Do-Over” for those of us who, as a child, were sexually abused.  That might be nice.  Or would it?!  What if the abuse was adjusted or REMOVED completely?  How different my life would be today.

There would be:
    no emblem
  • No incest by my father
  • No molestation
  • No verbal sexually provocative remarks
  • No physical touching
  • No emotional guilt or shame


Take away all the inner pain that I’ve suffered & dealt with over the years; and you take away a pretty large chunk of my life.  Remove a growth, a tumor, and I should be ok. Right? But what if I’m not.

Just like the effect that the Claim Adjustments on the medical bills had on my prescriptions; A “Do-Over” adjustment on my childhood would most likely have a similar effect on my life as an adult.  It could be good or bad.

  • I might have gone to college
  • Been more financially secure (or NOT)
  • Would not have met my 1st husband
  • May have had more than 2 kids (or maybe none at all)
  • Would not have met my 2nd husband
  • I might have a much better relationship with my family
  • Would be more happy & positive about life (or NOT)
  • I might be healthier
  • I might be more confident as a woman

So much would be different.  But as with the Medical Claims Adjustment, some of the change may not be very good either.  We all were given a past. Some good. Some not so good.  Some had more of a physically violent sexual abuse.  Others had no sexual violence as a child, but suffered the emotional and verbal abuse.  What we have to remember is that changing our childhood & what happened to us would also have changed who we are today.  We may or may not like the effect of the change.  Before wishing for a “Do-Over Adjustment” on your sexually abusive childhood; think again.
embrace who you are no adjustment needed

Embrace who you are.  Be thankful for the strength & courage you mustered up to get where you are today.  You did it!  You got through all the pain & ugliness of your childhood.  The worst is BEHIND you.  You are beautiful inside and out.  The storm has ended and the rainbow is before you.  No adjustments needed!  

The storm has passed. See the rainbow?
It’s beautiful. Life is beautiful.
And you are beautiful too.
© IAMicried
Visions of Rainbows
5/31/2013

Comments

Popular Posts