SURVIVOR ABUSE - WHEN DOES THE ABUSE END

Verbally attack the adult incest survivor.  
Yeah, that makes everything alright now doesn’t it?! 

I guess I should not be surprised just how cruel and inhuman some people can be.  But I never thought that An Incest survivor would verbally attack another incest Survivor.  My god!  When and where does the abuse end! 

I am not about to get into specifics about what was written because actually that is irrelevant.  But I think that I may be further along in my healing than others.  But whatever! 

Here’s the point I’m trying to make – Sexual Abuse of any kind is ugly, revolting, turns my stomach and goes against every God created fiber in my Soul.  I’m fully aware of what happens to children at the hands of pedophiles or even by relatives in their own families.  There are some pages/blogs on the internet that feel it is their responsibility to share that “news worthy” information with the general public INCLUDING other INCEST survivors.  That’s fine. No problem.  I don’t need to read about it in graphic detail at a time when I might not handle it very well. And neither should anyone else.  Manufacturers are required to put “warning labels” on cigarettes.  Graphic sexual abuse posts and articles should also have a “warning label”.  That’s all that I am suggesting.  Give people an opportunity to make the decision themselves as to whether or NOT they want to read the post or article; or even WHEN they want to read it.  If a survivor is having a really bad day; then it might not be a good time for them to see such things in print.  Maybe they should read about this “news worthy” information at another time.

But when I get verbally attacked by another survivor just because they don’t share my opinion or suggestion that I gave; that is where I draw the line.

As Survivors of Incest and Childhood Sexual Abuse, we should be ENCOURAGING and SUPPORTIVE of each other.  What each one of us has gone through NO ONE should ever have to go through.  Yes, I agree, that our children need someone to speak up for them.  Advocates shouldn’t stop fighting for our children.  But Survivors shouldn’t be fighting amongst each other.  As children, we weren’t allowed to speak up & have a voice.  As adults we should be able to give our opinions and say what is on our mind WITHOUT attacking another Survivor. 
Survivor Abuse needs to stop! 

Have you been maliciously attacked by other Survivors of Incest or Sexual Abuse?  I’d like to hear from you.  Haven't you been silent long enough? 

The storm has passed. See the rainbow?
It’s beautiful. Life is beautiful.
And you are beautiful too.
© IAMicried
Visions of Rainbows
5/31/2013

Comments

Popular Posts