Stand By Me While I Pay It Forward

Was just going over the "insights" and stats on my Facebook page Visions Of Rainbows. Someone chose to give me a bad report by hiding all posts from this page.  I am sorry you feel that way.  

Here I am story like yours I will listen IAMicried Visions of Rainbows
You are NOT alone.
Quote by IAMicried
Visions of Rainbows
I started Visions of Rainbows and telling my story of Child Sexual Abuse & Incest on 11-17-2012.  I was at a point in my life where I needed to make a change; advance to the next level in healing.  Since then, I’ve expanded on social media thru blogging, Facebook, Pinterest, and most recently Twitter.  What I’m finding is that Survivors are searching for encouragement. Someone to acknowledge their pain & suffering with compassion. Someone to say, “Here I am! I have a story just like yours. You are NOT alone. I’ll tell you my story. And when you are ready, I will listen to your story.” 

But there are still people out there who don’t want to hear our stories.  They want US and Child Sexual Abuse to be swept under the rug; to go away.  That is exactly what happened today on Facebook. And that was exactly what was happening in my home while I was growing up back in the early 60’s.  The molestation was, sometimes, right out in front of my siblings and my mother; Dad touching my breasts and making fun of me. But did anyone do anything? No.

I find it difficult continuing to reach out to Survivors with encouraging words of hope, faith, and understanding; while at the same time, I’m being blocked and reported by others. I’m beginning to wonder ..  
  • Do I want to keep blogging
  • Is there another approach to take
  • What is my next level in healing

going public child sexual abuse incest
I don’t know about most young girls who were molested or raped by their fathers (or step-fathers) but I don’t have many happy memories about growing up. My memories are painful and humiliating at times.  I have a feeling deep inside that I should be reaching out to others.  Each time that I “connect” with someone who can relate, I feel my inner-child becoming filled with the love that was missing. My inner-child is being embraced and acknowledged for the pain she felt (and sometimes still feels).  

So today, I have conflicting emotions.  I want to make a difference in the life of another Survivor just like someone (V. you know who you are) did in my life 3 yrs ago.  Had I NOT come across a Facebook post about CSA by V., I would not be where I am today.  We are told to “Pay It Forward” and that is what I’m trying to do. I must keep pushing on the door that doesn’t want to open if I am to heal and Survive from Child Sexual Abuse. One day soon, Child Sexual Abuse will no longer be swept under the rug. I would like to be a part of that revolution.

Can you relate to MY story of incest and Child Sexual Abuse?
Do you have a similar one?
Have I made a difference with my blog and Facebook page?
Will you “Pay It Forward” and reach out to me?

The storm has passed. See the rainbow?
It’s beautiful. Life is beautiful.
And you are beautiful too.
© IAMicried
Visions of Rainbows
5/31/2013

Comments

Popular Posts