To My Daughter as You Approach #Motherhood




There’s so much distance between us.  Haven’t spoken in months.  You will soon discover that the love that a Mother has for her child is nothing short of being complicated.  Doesn’t matter if the child is a boy or a girl.  The love flows like the ocean ... full of ebbs, tides, rolls, and waves!  Lots of waves! 



Love is never perfect.  I’m not perfect.  I’ve made many mistakes and most of them I can never take back or fix.  Love is wonderful and it can be painful.  A mother cries because she is happy.  And again, a mother cries because she is in pain.  Not just a physical pain.  But a deep, gut & soul wrenching pain.  The words, “I’m sorry!” are never enough. 



Mother is the name for God
Two wrongs don’t make a right.



The circle of life that I’m traveling is coming around.
Once I was the little girl.  A chasm of distance and unspoken words is great between me and my mother.  Oh, the chasm is wide and deep!  Soon I have children and struggle to understand the meaning of life and caring for ones so tiny and small.  As each child grabbed hold of my finger, holding on for dear life, my soul was captured.  Yes, in that very moment. 



Now as you are soon to give birth to your first child, I cannot help but reflect on life and its meaning.  Last week, while I laid in the hospital, many thoughts of you, My Child, crossed my mind.  The years of broken promises, emptiness and pain weighs heavy on my soul. 



My prayer for you, this day, is always remember the love you have for your child.  Reach out!  Take hold of his or her hand.  And don’t let go.  Don’t hold too tight that they cannot fly.  Because one day they WILL fly.  And remember that what YOUR soul yearns for, so does your precious child yearn for. 


Love! Unconditional love!


I love you, my Dear R!  Always have and always will until my last breath.


The love of a mother is the veil of a softer light between the heart and the heavenly Father. ~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge

The storm has passed. See the rainbow?
It’s beautiful. Life is beautiful.
And you are beautiful too.
© IAMicried
Visions of Rainbows
5/31/2013

Comments

Popular Posts