One person CAN make a difference – Good or Bad

One kind action, one word of hope, one shared Facebook post; One person CAN make a difference. Good or Bad. 
JFK one person can make a difference
One person CAN
make a
difference.

My blog TomorrowsRainbow.Blogspot.com and Facebook page Facebook/VisionsOfRainbows have been floundering.  I’d receive a like or comment once in a great while.  I’d keep writing, posting, sharing, getting my story & message out about Child Sexual Abuse and Incest. But nothing changed.  I don’t like to post all the daily gruesome stories that some websites post about because frankly, in my opinion, those stories show the “ugliness” of the world.  I can get that from watching the nightly news.  As a Survivor of molestation & child sexual abuse, I know what it’s like to "Dream About Prince Charming".  I prefer to speak to my inner-child and other victims of similar abuse with Hope, Encouragement, and Positivity.  

I noticed my FB posts were being “hidden” and my FB page was being “unliked”. I was receiving negative feedback. I was feeling very discouraged. I didn’t feel like I was reaching anyone. It felt like I was writing on a blank piece of paper, putting it in the mailbox, and having the mailman return it marked “undeliverable”.

People “hide” my FB posts, “unlike” my FB page, and don’t comment on my blog.  Could it be because we ..
  • don’t want encouragement
  • don’t relate to child sexual abuse
  • have saturated the topic of sexual abuse
  • are numb to the effects of CSA 

Then one day, one of my Facebook posts was shared. Then another person shared the same post. And another. And another. I saw the beginning of a “ripple effect” from one simple act.  The post that was shared was a quote about strength and empowerment.  As of this morning, 10/2/2015, that one post has reached over 1,500 people.  I finally feel like what I am doing is making a difference.  Someone can relate. Someone needed to see that one post that day.  Someone liked something that also spoke to my inner-child.  And she smiled! 

One person can make a huge NEGATIVE impact on another person’s life.  Each of these can have a devastating effect on someone. 
One simple act of
  • verbally berating them
  • emotionally hindering positivity & growth
  • touching them inappropriately
  • physically injuring them 

One person can make a huge POSITIVE impact on another person’s life.  Each of these can have a powerful effect on someone.
One simple act of
  • kindness & empathy
  • support and encouragement
  • listening
  • smiling
Growing up all I ever wanted was to be heard. That is one reason why I chose the alias, pseudonym, pen name IAMicried.  I have always thought that victims of CSA have wanted to be heard. They have wanted to no longer be invisible to others. They have wanted validation and encouragement. This is how I would like to impact their lives. This is how I would like to affect not only CSA victims and Survivors; but others who struggle with the hurting of an inner-child. 


As time goes on, I would like to be remembered
  • not as a CSA Survivor
  • as a kind, supportive, empowering individual
  • as someone who made a POSITIVE impact on others

I would like to be remembered as someone who took a traumatic childhood experience and made a difference in the lives of others.

Dalai Lama everything you do has some effect
Everything you do
has some effect,
some impact.
You, too, CAN make a difference in the life of someone. One way is by SHARING what you have seen on my Facebook Page Visions Of Rainbows.  Share it with a friend. Share it with the public.  If it touched your inner-child, it may also touch another.  The second way you can make a difference is by COMMENTING on or SHARING my blog Tomorrows Rainbow on blogspot.com.  You can do this anonymously. Tell me what your thoughts are after what you’ve read. Just imagine the “ripple effect” YOU could have in someone else’s life.  Not to mention mine.  




I want to inspire people Because of you I didn't give up
I want to INSPIRE people.

Do you want to impact someone’s life?
How do you want to affect their future?
How do you want to be remembered? 



The storm has passed. See the rainbow?
It’s beautiful. Life is beautiful.
And you are beautiful too.
© IAMicried
Visions of Rainbows
5/31/2013

Comments

Popular Posts